• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Standout

Standout is from my Flora collection and was composed at the Aiken County Historical Museum in Aiken, SC. It was alone with a fairly clean background, though I wished that the leaf on the right-hand side didn't leave the frame.

The Artist's Story blog post for this piece can be read here: Standout

SD16_3186.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Standout is from my Flora collection and was composed at the Aiken County Historical Museum in Aiken, SC. It was alone with a fairly clean background, though I wished that the leaf on the right-hand side didn't leave the frame.

The Artist's Story blog post for this piece can be read here: Standout

SD16_3186.jpg

Your picture is fine as it fits in with the way you work.

It is your art that you have established already in style. So why worry here. To me if your name is on top, I am satisfied that it’s your work, worthy and genuine.

If it catered to my crazy tastes then it would have my name on top and that would be boring.

I do not want to look at work that follows my own feelings, rules or choices. Instead I seek work, like yours, which is uncompromisingly representative of your own judgement, planning, impulses and feelings.

Asher

Nice job on the whites. Could have bent the leaf?
Hey Peter,
Thank you for looking and commenting. You know, I never even thought of that. I have to remember to see if that's possible the next time one of them isn't doing what I want it to. Although with my luck I'd break the leaf off and then there would be a stub/nub that wouldn't look right and I'd be so dissapointed that I'd have to find a different subject. :-(

Your picture is fine as it fits in with the way you work.

It is your art that you have established already in style. So why worry here. To me if your name is on top, I am satisfied that it’s your work, worthy and genuine.

If it catered to my crazy tastes then it would have my name on top and that would be boring.

I do not want to look at work that follows my own feelings, rules or choices. Instead I seek work, like yours, which is uncompromisingly representative of your own judgement, planning, impulses and feelings.

Asher
Asher,
Thank you. As always you're comments are insightful. I guess I just like tidy scenes. Probably an OCD gene. ;-)

--Steven