• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Palm Springs Photo Festival 2008

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Just thought I would share

http://www.palmspringsphotofestival.com/blog/?page_id=55

Went to it this past Spring and it was fantastic with some outstanding workshops.

A bit pricey, but wow the number of fantastic photographers in attendance.

Still have not decided if I am going again this next time around, but seriously thinking about it.

Have you submitted work?

The price seems hight at ~ $50 a day, but how else do they cover the expenses and get a profit? Do they have there own space or do they have to rent? Same with staff.

Museums that have massive audiences and cendowments can make the entrance fee lower. Come to the Getty, it's free!

Still, it would be better for photography if the price was more like $20 for the whole thing!

To what extent do you think this might be a tourist event to make a lot of money?

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Who went in 2008? any snaps? I love an old catalog of pictures! I'm going to look at their website!

Who is going this year and what are the places to stay? I wonder how expensive it is this time of year? I'm sure the pictures will be very good.

Asher