• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Flowers

Chris Calohan

My first 4 shot pano. I had to do some distortion adjustments due to the 18mm lens and do a little exposure control on the foreground flowers...but other than that, pretty straightforward shot.

9033252769_9aabdf3036_o.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
My first 4 shot pano. I had to do some distortion adjustments due to the 18mm lens and do a little exposure control on the foreground flowers...but other than that, pretty straightforward shot.

9033252769_9aabdf3036_o.jpg

Chris,

You picked a very difficult challenge, so many fine objects at a short distance from your lens! This means that your alignment of images as you rotate through the optical axis is most likely to give you difficulties due to parallax errors. So you came out O.K.!

Did you do this free hand, with just a tripod or resting on some surface or with a pano rotation system?

As to the picture, now it's successfully stitched, I'd evaluate de novo what is needed to make your pano the most impressive. So is the lower border needed or could one cut aggressively and end up with a stronger pano.

Next, what is the potential of the grass, "path" to the right. Might you bring it out in some way as paths are always intriguing.

I like this new adventure of yours. Good job! Panos are always a surprise as they reveal far more than we can see.

Asher :)

Chris Calohan

No pano head. Straight tripod mount, turn it about 3o degrees per, shoot. Having no idea how to do such gave me a great advantage in blissful ignorance...I do see how these types of shots could be used nicely but I don't see a pano head in my future.

Robert Watcher

As to the picture, now it's successfully stitched, I'd evaluate de novo what is needed to make your pano the most impressive. So is the lower border needed or could one cut aggressively and end up with a stronger pano.

Next, what is the potential of the grass, "path" to the right. Might you bring it out in some way as paths are always intriguing.

Those are valuable points Asher. The thing is that while panos can create expanses that look interesting because of their wide format - - - unless the same consideration is given to the composition, leading lines, dynamic angles, etc, etc - - - they are really just pano snapshots.

Nice job on your stitching from this resolution.

----