• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Total solar eclipse on the 21st of August.

Jerome Marot

As you probably know, there is a total solar eclipse on the 21st of August, here is the path to totality:

whole-us.jpg

To be able to observe the total eclipse, which is a fantastic experience, on has to be in that path and have clear skies.

Jerome Marot

Apparently, the weather was fine over large stretches to the path of totality and many people could watch the eclipse.

tumblr_ov26k5jjSu1wxq2a4o1_1280.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I was on a plane to Kansas at the time and now being punished by continuous lightening and thunder, setting off the hotel's ? alarm!

Tomorrow I will look for the wonderful pictures. One was an engagement ring!

Asher

Jerome Marot

Here another image, showing the so-called "Baily's beads": the sun shines through the valleys between the montains at the edge of the lunar disc.

tumblr_ov4swcb8fW1wxq2a4o1_1280.jpg