• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Pear Reflection

I did a short shoot today and I was totally taken in by the reflection of this pear in a silver champagne goblet.

pearreflection.jpg

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi

I like the somehow flamish ambience but I'm not satisfied by the positioning.
I guess it would more impressing at the right third of the frame, the pearl a little bit out of the vertical position, the stalk looking to the upper right corner and some more space around it.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I did a short shoot today and I was totally taken in by the reflection of this pear in a silver champagne goblet.

pearreflection.jpg

I think we mean "Flemish" sensibility here. But then, Maggie consider some fabric with either lace edges or folds on the right and some deep mahogany contrasting wood edge in the shadows.

Not that anything needs to be done to make this successful! Just that if we dare to go into rate balanced the world of the masters, then your own skills in fabrics might clinch the effect!

Asher

Thanks for your comments both Wolfgang and Asher.

When I did this image, I was not thinking of doing anything Flemish, I guess it just happened that way. I was actually shooting with white cloths and at one point noticed that the pear was completely reflected in the silver goblet. I then did this very shoot on light wood, but I didn't like it... I wanted it really bare so put a black background under it and loved it that way.

Of course, it is not the conventional way and there would be nothing wrong with that, but I actually love it as is. It's as shot with only a slight selective sharpening on the stalk and I fell in love with it. Would it be better otherwise, maybe and probably, but it won't happen with this shot.

Sorry guys, thanks anyways for the suggestions.

:)
Maggie

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

pearreflection.jpg

Maggie,

My comments did not mean anything "should" be done, just that knowing your skills with pastel colors, I wondered how all this happened.

Fabulous and you give me new old ideas! Stealing is bad, but if one is going to do that, then take only from the best!

Asher

James Lemon

Wonderful image! I like the composition and contrast of this. It does feel a tad out of balance to me though. I would crop a tich of the top to make it the same as the bottom if it were mine.

Maggie,

My comments did not mean anything "should" be done, just that knowing your skills with pastel colors, I wondered how all this happened.

Fabulous and you give me new old ideas! Stealing is bad, but if one is going to do that, then take only from the best!

Asher

sorry took so long to respond. All summer we've had very wet and cold weather, and now, we've had a week of extremely hot and humid weather that is odd as fall has arrived and we've had 30+ weather before adding humidity. Right now, it's 5:09pm and 30C feels like 35C. I've been trying to stay cool more than anything else.

As for how this happened; well, it just did. I try not to confine myself to one thing but you are right, the cyans seem to creep in quite often. :)