• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

broken

Charlotte Thompson

found this when on a walk midmorning-something Ike left- one in bandw and one in sepia-I saw it as art as it was- all of your thoughts are very welcome-

DSC_0863.jpg

DSC_0862.jpg

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Charlotte,

I can't help but think of this shattered vase thread started by Asher long time back. It might be interesting to revisit that one since you have under different circumstances have come across more or less the same subject.

Now the question, is it art? As Asher wrote a few days ago, this one makes me think and I came back to it so it is art to me.

Did you take some more frames from various angles or a bit wider frames maybe? This is worthy of further exploration.

Cheers,

Charlotte Thompson

Cem

thanks for taking a look-something a bit different for me this time- ya know I took all the same shots really just a few-I like the dark shadow behind the vase and did both colors for different ideas-
it looked so lost and alone-
the hurricane did so much damage
but
this is my statement for it-

C-

The vase, the tonalities, the textures, the background, are all broken. It's a mess; a clutter of discordance reflecting the violence that must have happened here. But I don't think it conveys well the pathos of "broken-ness", the sadness of something fine now marred.

If I could I would photograph this vase using my best still life technique, as if it were the finest vase ever, and let the break acknowledge itself. A whisper amid silence is sharper than a shout in a tempest.

Charlotte Thompson

maris

I am sure of course it is one thing I found as alone-all alone hidden "like a voice that must be stated-
the devastation here is unbelievable- but this tiny vase-broken-alone- said to me so much!
maybe not enough for you
or for others
but

what "I FOUND WAS THE SILENCE- THE SHADOW- THE LIGHT AND DARK"-
the whole of what we are
light and dark-

thank you so very much for looking at this and stating your opinions- appreciated very much........

Charlotte-