• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Holy Bible

0ff8217567205e63b9eed4049ac9381.jpg

Hi Asher,

As "Hands Up!", this picture has been shot in fine arts museum of Besançon (native city of my wife, in the east of France). This installation aims to present the superb restoration of an italian painting executed in 1545 ("Déploration du Christ", by Bronzino) and which had been seriously damaged by years.

I found very interesting the presentation of this restoration work : the painting seems to be enshrined in a casket, as a tresor (and it is one) or a jewel... and this casket also appeared to me as a kind of big book on the floor. According to the subject of the painting, it made me think to a huge bible.

Cedric.

Michael Fontana

pro member
Cedric

for a jewel, the frame should have been black.
IMHO, the curator likes either BIG frames, or didn't had enough confidence in the viewers skills, therefore the overdone frame, or looked for a more staged presentation.

It's multiple choice....

for a jewel, the frame should have been black.

All the jewels i offered to my wife were in white casket... I must be too poor to access to the real jewelery ;oD

IMHO, the curator likes either BIG frames, or didn't had enough confidence in the viewers skills, therefore the overdone frame, or looked for a more staged presentation.

It's multiple choice....

LOL Choice is the most important.

Thanks for your comment,

Cedric.

Michael Fontana

pro member
In Basel, at the world biggest juwelery show, they put'em on black stuff (velvet?) all the time. AFAIK, they should shine better, that way......

In Basel, at the world biggest juwelery show, they put'em on black stuff (velvet?) all the time. AFAIK, they should shine better, that way......

Well, i use to see white caskets. Not every time, sure, but often. Maybe because i generally buy "white gold" or silver jewels ? But it is not the subject of my photo ;o)