• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Continuous Ink System /2200 EPSON

I searched the forum for "ink" and found no reference, so I will ask the question:

I have an EPSON 2200 and found -doing a Google search- that there are a few systems offered as replacement to the standard inkjet cartridges.

Anybody with experience with this?

It sounds like an ideal situation since costs could be diminished substantially ....

yhst-5026496618544_2025_976980

http://www.echostore.com/continuous-ink-system-2200-2100.html

Mike Shimwell

Leonardo

I used to use a Lyson CIS in my 2100 (UK name for 2200). At the time I was happy with the output, and sold work printed with it, but when I got the Canon IPF5000 I found the image quality much better. However, I'm not sure if that was a result of the aftermarket inks (Lyson claim to be high quality and offer good longevity) or just the development of printers meanwhile.

In terms of costs, the CIS reduced costs over buying epson cartridges by a very large margin - and if you buy Lyson ink at US prices it's much much cheaper than in the UK. Whatever system you buy (Fotospeed also sell these kits and generally are pretty reliable in my experience) you will need to experiment to ensure you get the best media setting in the driver for each paper you use and you will need to profile papers acurately. In general the epson profiles can be expected to give colour casts if used with aftermarket inks.

Hope that's helpful,

Mike

Jim Galli

I bought a new Epson 2200 and the Media Street bulk ink system when my daughter got married 4 summers ago. I printed the wedding with it and some other stuff but my problem was I couldn't print enough. It wants to be used daily and I just don't do that. It finally drove me insane with it's fussiness and I sold it. The guy that bought it hated it and sent it back to me. It's sitting right next to me converted back to the original crazy expensive Epson cartridges. Oh well, at least it works. Interesting episode. I'm due for something new again. Maybe next year.

I think I may have the same problem, I don't print that much ... what about a way to fill up the original cartridges? is this an in-between alternative?

Mike Shimwell

Refilling - Can be done, but I fond that unreliable.

My CIS eventually clogged terminally - but that was after I ignored it for a few few months. Before that I just printed and cleaned on a regular basis.

Mike