• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

In Perspective, Fun: The Great Train - Journey

Prateek Dubey

265191-fullsize.jpg

Prateek Dubey : The Great Train - Journey

These are milk bottles riding with everyone. No tickets of course...

Hi Prateek,

Great image, great composition. The only reservation I have is with the tonemapping you usually apply. A bit less of the unnatural faux-HDR look would please me even more. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Bart

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
265191-fullsize.jpg

Prateek Dubey : The Great Train - Journey

These are milk bottles riding with everyone. No tickets of course...

Prateek,

I like the view of the line of milk cans and then the people behind and on the steps. I too am somewhat separated from the image by the quasi-HDR effect.

How did the picture look as shot? I'm really impressed but I wonder how it might be otherwise shown. I think this might also be interesting in B&W!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Prateek,

Beautiful and fascinating image.

The pattern of the milk cans - almost regular, but not quite - is an extremely effective ingredient.

But it almost looks like a photograph.

Best regards,

Doug

Prateek Dubey

Prateek,

I like the view of the line of milk cans and then the people behind and on the steps. I too am somewhat separated from the image by the quasi-HDR effect.

How did the picture look as shot? I'm really impressed but I wonder how it might be otherwise shown. I think this might also be interesting in B&W!

Asher

Hello Asher,
All very important observations relating to the Quasi- HDR look. I don't use tone mapping at all ( couldn't master it), but I do use the high pass in almost all my images. I must 've used an aggressive radius that this is looking artificial. I'll soon post the original without the post...

Eugene Ye

Hi Prateek,

This is beautiful. The various facial expressions and the line of bottles. It just felt to me that I would be more comfortable if the horizontal line is kept.