• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Ginger in Shadow

Charlotte Thompson

DSC_0002-11.jpg

Charlotte Thompson

Asher

thank you for coming by!

this was taken dark night -floral arrangement on a patio I knew my flash was a bit down but went for it ya know

so I made a picture de art" of sorts
an experiment

it just looked pretty cool
I didnt know where to put this so I landed here...

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Charlotte,

But what will you show this with? Try to make more with that sensibility. If something is worthwhile, take it to the next step.

Asher

Asher Kelman

Asher

why would you need real objects

Charlotte,

I have no need for any more objects, LOL! It's not about that. Rather it's about imaging to imagining. To work with a Rorschach blot is rather easy and even mundane. To do the same with an apple or a chair is a far greater challenge. We are already predisposed to eating and sitting. So if you can take us elsewhere with such as these, then that would interest me far more.

Asher

Asher Kelman

Asher

elsewhere hmmmm...
Charlotte-

Hi my friend,

I try to look for just the best in other folks work. It's not a naive posture, but rather has serious intent. The reason for my feedback to you on this intriguing picture of ginger is that it's a real thing that we value that you have photographed because it gave you a special experience. That's one essential quality that is worthy of us as photographers.

This picture alone does not mean as much as it would in a series. An ink blot is another subject.

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Asher

Ah So!

a series I could possibly do with this- I have a lot of ginger growing in the yard-still blooming even
I'll see if I could come up with another piece with ginger in a series with this one-
thank you for the explanations- oh unguru! apreciate enlightenment*

Charlotte-

fahim mohammed

I see a mysterious but very beautiful woman looking towards her left shoulder at a masquerade ball. The
flames cast magical shadows around her mask!!

Lovely and intriguing capture.