• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Shapes & Colors

Another game with some repetition of shapes and colors...

8d3bbd1300212ddefc70893d37ec625.jpg

446388b2ccc7bbb62594441129f6209.jpg

"Shapes & Colors" - Cedric Massoulier

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Cedric,

Too much light from the distance in the first picture or too little. Being just O.K. doesn't help the picture.

Asher

Asher Kelman

Cedric,

The issue, just to me at least, is the light from the outside: the glass doors on the right and the open space on the left. I'd make them brighter and then the space near us, between the columns darker.

Right now it's too even. The drama might be increased, perhaps by making such a gradient of the light.

Asher

Michael Nagel

Cedric,

Shapes and colors in general are very interesting subjects from my point of view.
In your series, I prefer the composition of the second photo.

For the first, I personally would have considered two ways of approaching the subject.
I believe, that you aimed for the two different types of pillars (round/square) and the yellow/orange contrasting with the gray concrete.
Rachel's comment about shooting from a greater distance is a good idea, for this I would have searched an angle which helps to recognize the pattern of pillars easier.
In order to enhance the shapes, I wound have gotten closer to the pillars, trying to capture both the shape created either on the floor or on the ceiling and including the pattern using a wide angle lens.

Still - this is my personal view and there could be things in your composition that escaped me.

Best regards,
Michael

Asher Kelman

Cedric,

It's helpful to revisit. Of the two pictures, the second s the strongest and succeeds in using the elements of color and columns effectvely.

Another game with some repetition of shapes and colors...

8d3bbd1300212ddefc70893d37ec625.jpg

The placement of both pictures together, has the second, more powerful photograph, somewhat hidden. However, on its own, that picture is much more impressive. Let's also allow far more white space around it. You picture is strong enough to command a large territory. So that must be given, just to allow the composition to do its work and give us a fuller experience than when it was cramped up closely with its sister picture!

The long passage to the left adds some complexity with just enough light to be satisfying. I like it a lot! hope this location is nearby so you might explore it further.

Asher