• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Some call it a dance..they

fahim mohammed

call it worship. A matter of Faith. The Dancer moves her arm Just so.

p324816042.jpg

The physical beauty and elegance is subjective.
For me they are both unsurpassed and spiritual.

Paul Abbott

Fahim, this is an excellent nicely composed graphic image, I really like this. This has to be on your wall, if not now pretty soon, no?

fahim mohammed

Paul, thanks for the kind words.

Two prints were made. Unfortunately I cannot allow any statues or photos of such items into my house.
Even the digital files have caused me untold grief.! And not only with immediate family members.

The same goes for people photographs other than family..those too not prominently displayed.

Kindest regards.

p.s. landscapes not bearing any religious symbols or reference to them and containing nature's works only are permitted in my house. Discreetly placed/hung.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
call it worship. A matter of Faith. The Dancer moves her arm Just so.

p324816042.jpg

The physical beauty and elegance is subjective.
For me they are both unsurpassed and spiritual.

This belongs as art! There are several issues about displaying such work in a religious home. first is the issue of idol worship. In the Jewish tradition, if one is really strict, this objection is overcome, at least in a sculpture. ("Thou hall not make a graven image!") by making sure there's a fault in it, such that it would be disqualified as an idol Still today, a picture such as this is not considered religious, as no one would use it in prayer, but rather just in celebration of our diversity. It's also a playground for our imagination. what I call the "sensotic space".

I'd be happy to have such a print! You have taken images and then gone the extra step to transform them to your will. The commonality for us to appreciate grace is illustrated here so well.

Asher

fahim mohammed

Lord have Mercy!!

I do not belong here. With or without Dante.
What hast thou wrought? What have I done to merit this damnation?

Is this to my end? All I have strived for has come to naught.

Hark! I hear the Angel. There might be hope yet.

Lord have Mercy!!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Lord have Mercy!!

I do not belong here. With or without Dante.
What hast thou wrought? What have I done to merit this damnation?

Is this to my end? All I have strived for has come to naught.

Hark! I hear the Angel. There might be hope yet.

Lord have Mercy!!

Fahim,

Like someone who enters the gates, you publish your picture and it's received this as Art. It now has its own life! That's the way it is!

Asher