• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Flower Child

Charlotte Thompson

Transparency Overlay- Flowers used in portrait work-

charlottesWeb21-1.jpg

Flower Child Series

Charlotte Thompson​

Michael Nagel

As I never ventured in this field, I can only provide impressions.

I have seen similar works trying to use the shape of the flower in an anthropomorphic way.
I do not see it here, this makes it, when looking at it first, more difficult to grasp, but also more interesting to explore.

Not much, but that's all I can say now.

Best regards,
Michael

Charlotte Thompson

Michael

Thank you for your impressions very appreciated
they are to make you look and explore as is most of all art I think.
Here is another favorite of mine-

collage57-4.jpg

Flower Children Series​
Charlotte Thompson​

Michael Nagel

The second is easier to access (for me).

The fundamental difference between the first and the second (for me) is that in the first the flowers are dominant, while in the second the flowers seem to be the canvas for the face. The hair amplifies the impact of the face.

Best regards,
Michael

Charlotte Thompson

Michael

Each Flower Child has a hidden agenda- some are very much out there" some are more hidden"
each are quietly beautiful- here is another in the series- thank you for coming back and response, appreciated-

Pictures27.jpg

Come Find Me- Flower Children Series

Charlotte Thompson​

Michael Nagel

Charlotte,

With the third of the series, more aspects of the two previous ones become visible.
Again - my view :)

The first could have the words overshadowed or obscured in the title, as the face is well dominated by the flowers.

The second is more about to be seen.

In the third, the aspect of hiding is well present, the image matches very well its title.

Best regards,
Michael