• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Polaroid Reversal Series

6536631245_7722f9d314_b.jpg

Art Windows (Polaroid Black and White Negative, Dry Pastels)

6536631219_77f7904d2f_b.jpg

Tables of Art (Polaroid Black and White Negative, Dry Pastel
)

6536631193_ca6b73389a_b.jpg

Flowers in Shoes (Polaroid Black and White Negative, Water Soluble Markers)

So these are three of my polaroid reversals I am using on my series. The theme of the series is Art Classes. I use the negatives from polaroid films as starting ground for drawing techniques, and then use the chemical properties of the compounds to the same ends; the creation of a visually arresting work that is supported by the concept behind a series/ work. I have tried to incorporate not only the "traditional art" in the form of me slaving away in the darkroom, and composing images, and using paints, but also the awareness of a "newer" paradigm, with references to image memes, and text juxtaposed with images in an single image.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Fresh New Series

Rahul Sharma: Art Windows

(Polaroid Black and White Negative, Dry Pastels)

Rahul,

This is invigorating and helpful, like a booster of tetanus to improve our immunity! What a good way of reusing Polaroid scraps, the paper we'd throw away!

I'd like you to look through Cem Usakligil's work on "Portals", (search here in OPF). It seems that you have also been attracted to this idea from a different path.

Asher​

Mark Hampton

Art Windows (Polaroid Black and White Negative, Dry Pastels)

6536631219_77f7904d2f_b.jpg

Tables of Art (Polaroid Black and White Negative, Dry Pastel
)

6536631193_ca6b73389a_b.jpg

Flowers in Shoes (Polaroid Black and White Negative, Water Soluble Markers)

So these are three of my polaroid reversals I am using on my series. The theme of the series is Art Classes. I use the negatives from polaroid films as starting ground for drawing techniques, and then use the chemical properties of the compounds to the same ends; the creation of a visually arresting work that is supported by the concept behind a series/ work. I have tried to incorporate not only the "traditional art" in the form of me slaving away in the darkroom, and composing images, and using paints, but also the awareness of a "newer" paradigm, with references to image memes, and text juxtaposed with images in an single image.

Rahul,

I like these - the 1st third of the images keeps me.. man the overlay with the arrows is hard - we are so used to taking directions from signs - the white arrows push me back out.

this in conjunction to the small colour image works better for me than the whole.

does this comment help.. I have no idea !