• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Groovey 60's Vibe

Robert Watcher

Beautiful light for photographing along the lake tonight. Decided to play with this flower image that I shot, and give it a groovey 60's vibe.

13417177962813_crazyflower.jpg

Mark Hampton

Beautiful light for photographing along the lake tonight. Decided to play with this flower image that I shot, and give it a groovey 60's vibe.

13417177962813_crazyflower.jpg

Robert,

what was your thinking about the pallet that you have chosen ? the saturation is heavy but suits the graphic quality the image has.

a flower on an oil sea.... that comes to mind.. but also the repetition that the graphics must use and the flower its self has...

what scale does this work need?

do you do more work like this - where you let go?

cheers

Robert Watcher

Robert,

what was your thinking about the pallet that you have chosen ? the saturation is heavy but suits the graphic quality the image has.

a flower on an oil sea.... that comes to mind.. but also the repetition that the graphics must use and the flower its self has...

what scale does this work need?

do you do more work like this - where you let go?

cheers

One thing I found very intriguing about this Nic filter that I had never used before and only found the other day - - - is the way that it is obviously using curves adjustments to provide solarizing or posterizing effects - - - that are all based on the color pallet of the image itself.

I added nothing to the color options. In fact when I viewed the saved processed image - one thing I found baffling for a while, was why there was a blue color in the top left corner. I presumed that I may have introduced something in the processing. Low and behold there was a purple flower in my shot that was creating this colour in the corner.

With the image above, there is no extra work to it except the application of the Nic Color Efex Pro > Detail Stylizer > Weird Lines effect and changing the control sliders until I got a look I liked.

To give you an idea - here is the image straight from the camera - just cropped square with no color adjustments applied:

13420326986053_flowerraw.jpg

BTW - I plan on printing "Groovey 60's Vibe" BIGGG at some point in time. I love this type of wall art.

Robert Watcher

My wife took a shot last night of some straggly flowers that she loved - - - and I decided to see if I could enhance it and ended up applying the Nic Color Efex Pro > Detail Stylizer > Stairs effect with some control adjusments to my taste. I think it looks pretty cool. of course I'd never want to overuse such effects.

13420334865037_annespic4.jpg