• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Man made sh!t bores me to tears. Most people too btw.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
In defence of the wheely bin and all other receptacles of human waste, I salute thee and thy 'creator'.

_DSF5777 by Tom Dinning, on Flickr​

Such colour, diversity, precision and mystery is to be admired.
Unfortunately, the humble bin, along with its reputation, is much maligned and often ignored by the passer by or keen photographer.

Just as humans where placed on this earth by a magicians wand, so the bin was designed to cater for all the crap generated by those very humans who seek beauty in what else was dumped on us.

Tom dinning

Registrant*
What do we discard?
Why, all the stuff we've collected and finished with.
The wrappings of temporary fads and fancies.
Those things we have grown tired of.
Those things that have lost their beauty because of age, neglect or a change of taste.
The left overs from a feast, the last flower in the vase, the grains of sand swept from the floor, the hair we treasure and the nail we painted.

Untitled by Tom Dinning, on Flickr​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
In defence of the wheely bin and all other receptacles of human waste, I salute thee and thy 'creator'.

_DSF5777 by Tom Dinning, on Flickr​

Such colour, diversity, precision and mystery is to be admired.
Unfortunately, the humble bin, along with its reputation, is much maligned and often ignored by the passer by or keen photographer.

Just as humans where placed on this earth by a magicians wand, so the bin was designed to cater for all the crap generated by those very humans who seek beauty in what else was dumped on us.

Do not call it crap. Be positive, it's recycled surplus material!

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
So, while we look out to sea and wait for the next piece of beauty to catch our eye and stimulate out dulled senses.....

_DSF7260 by Tom Dinning, on Flickr

... or look upon the remains of nature in its never ending process of card and discard ...

_DSF0260 by Tom Dinning, on Flickr

... we might spare a thought that without humans there would be so sense of beauty and along with that comes the remains of our existence.

_DSF5754 by Tom Dinning, on Flickr

Andy brown

Yeah Tom, man made Sh!t bores me too, not quite tears..., I'm no big girl's blouse!
Your photographs of man made Sh!t are amazing however.
I think it's the to tortured artist coming out in you.

Suddenly the dark side of me wants to create an image 'the torched artist' Tim Storrier might put paid to Ken Done for example.
Enough bloody flowers and fricken gum trees from me!

Asher Kelman

Yeah Tom, man made Sh!t bores me too, not quite tears..., I'm no big girl's blouse!

What a weird term, "Big girls blouse" - can't see how that metaphor works. I guess it means I'm no sissy, but it does seem a weirdly originated concept. A big girl's blouse covers big breasts. What could be wussy about covering them!

Suddenly the dark side of me wants to create an image 'the torched artist' Tim Storrier might put paid to Ken Done for example.

!!!!!!! ?

Enough bloody flowers and fricken gum trees from me!

For me, it's these natural things that allow us to tolerate the garbage!

Asher

Asher Kelman

At what point is 'beauty' lost or gained?
_DSF6431 by Tom Dinning, on Flickr

When the rose is spent?

_DSC0436 by Tom Dinning, on Flickr

Or when the plant is finished with its function?

_DSC0433 by Tom Dinning, on Flickr

Or when the gardener sweeps up the 'mess' so the admirer doesn't break his/her admiring neck.

Actually, the last picture is the most impressive as it was not inherently envisioned within the coding of the rose. The combination with a shower storm of geometrically formed bricks is, to me more memorable than a beautiful rose, which like a glorious sunset is just built into nature.

The composition of the seeds on the brickwork, however, is a new creation and quite admirable!

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Allow me to do the honours, Ash.

Firstly, Tim Storrier; Oz artist who like to depict stuff in an unusual fashion and sort of stick his nose up to convention.

Hence, a PORTRAIT without a face. See background of following photo of said artist.

archibald-20130312194902647991-600x400 by Tom Dinning, on Flickr

He also likes to burn things.

1933 by Tom Dinning, on Flickr

On the other hand, Ken Done is a bit of a pretty boy in the art world. See background of photo below.

done2 by Tom Dinning, on Flickr

There was a time when you couldn't wipe your arse in Australia without doing it on a Ken Done painting. And I mean that literally. Andy would understand.

Andy's connection is a fine one. It certainly got a smile outa me.

As for the BIG GIRLS BLOUSE reference; it's definitely an insult. Big, flowery, soft and flownsy. Not a look any decent bloke would want. Unless you're some sort or poof or something.