• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Sleepy Fish

James Lemon

i-NxXPsz4-L.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Wow, James, you too are joining those who take landscapes while the mist still blankets the ground! There's Wolfgang, Chris and now you!

Yes, it is sleepy, now you mention it. I would want a nice canvas chair, a beer and I'm good for an hour or too of just doing nothing. Never done that, but I have it on my mind. Just always too busy!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, James,

A wonderful and beautiful shot.

The topic and subject might be thought to be cliché. but you have managed to escape that by your insightful composition and technique, and the wonderful detail in the setting. And the slight fog is a perfect ingredient.

I like the suggestion of motion blur toward the tip of the casting rod. The shutter speed you (well, the camera) chose (1/125 s) worked out ideally!

Best regards,

Doug

James Lemon

Asher, Charlotte, Doug

Glad you like the picture! It is that time of the year when the fog settles in. Sometimes one needs some quite time to reflect.

Doug I also used a yellow filter as well on this. The aperture was f/5.6 and could have been opened up a 1/2 stop with a quick turn of the aperture ring on the lens and thus allowing a 1/250 shutter speed that would have frozen the motion. I am always in control of my camera with easy access to shutter speed, aperture, and ISO, but I do use aperture priority for meter readings and such plus exposure lock.

The subject was aware of me photographing him. I took about 12 frames and this is the one that I liked the most. Thank you for your interest!

Best, regards
James