• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Freya

Jarmo Juntunen

Another nice piece of work, Charlotte. I don't usually care to ask about the artist's intent but this time I would love to hear a bit more, if you please.

Charlotte Thompson

hello Jarmo

A vintage photo super old I fell in love with her such a gorgeous photo forgotten. For me she looks like a Goddess ..The name Freya came to mind so I looked up the name and lo and behold.....Freya (Nordic) - Goddess of love, beauty, fertility, war, wealth, divination and magic. Her name comes from the ancient Norse word for lady or mistress. There are several variations of the spellings of this Goddess name including: Freyja, Freyr and Freyja.
Though I needed to find a mysterious aura deeply passionate so I came up with this- Thank you so much...I am glad you like this piece!

Charlotte-

Andy brown

Charlotte, fantastic image.
I hardly ever comment on your work 'cos your style is so foreign to anything I ever attempt that I feel out of my depth in passing comment or even knowing what to say.
Anyway, having said that, I like it!

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Charlotte, fantastic image.
I hardly ever comment on your work 'cos your style is so foreign to anything I ever attempt that I feel out of my depth in passing comment or even knowing what to say.
Anyway, having said that, I like it!

Andy, my belief is that Charlotte takes the expressive path to the nth degree. She sees things we don't.
Some may consider this approach distant from photography. I'm not one of them although I with you in saying its far removed from my approach as well.

HAving said that, like Andy, I enjoy the experience you provide, Charlotte.
I often catch myself saying out loud "what the f**k is Charlotte on now?" But I know its just her brain doing what it does, whatever that is.
I can only rerlate it to my experiences with Pesto Sauce. That green lumpy stuff Italians put in their pasta has magnificent flavour when you give it a chance.
Unlike Beetroot soup which looks pretty enough but tastes like dirt.

xxx

Charlotte Thompson

Andy

Thank you kind sir! I do realize what I do with images is a foreign idea in this OPF forum. I have always been a foreign soul on this planet. I adore vintage prints but they have too express something above the average photo and with that I feel a certain need to participate with what I do. Please what you enjoy in this kind of work always feel welcome to express yourself..I would like that!

Charlotte-

Charlotte Thompson

Tom
It seems so funny to me that this would be so different than any other in visuals that, that would be so strange because each expression is always the individual.

Jarmo Juntunen

hello Jarmo

A vintage photo super old I fell in love with her such a gorgeous photo forgotten. For me she looks like a Goddess ..The name Freya came to mind so I looked up the name and lo and behold.....Freya (Nordic) - Goddess of love, beauty, fertility, war, wealth, divination and magic. Her name comes from the ancient Norse word for lady or mistress. There are several variations of the spellings of this Goddess name including: Freyja, Freyr and Freyja.
Though I needed to find a mysterious aura deeply passionate so I came up with this- Thank you so much...I am glad you like this piece!

Charlotte-

That's a very suiting name, Charlotte. It is a fascinating piece of work.