• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

#series: spiral staircases

Antonio Correia

The images are great and so are the staircases.
The image I am most impressed with is the last one for it's degree of abstraction.
It looks like some kind of turbulent way down...
Why Wolfgang, have you made some in color and and some in black and white instead of sticking to just one type ?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
If anyone wanted my opinion and preference for an exhibit, I would suggest all monochrome since the essence of each image is the interplay of light with the spiral form. Color is almost a trivial emotive distraction from the superbly pure shapes you have discovered.

Really excellent work, Wolfgang!

Asher

Last edited:

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi

it is yet just a series of shots of spiral staircases, that attracted me either with their colors or/and their structure. So this why I show colored and monochrome pics.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Well, my friend, you have a great eye for both. Looks like you are on your way to two very coherent and beautiful collections!

Asher

I love them all, Wolfgang! I especially like the 3rd one because of the graduations in the color, the composition and the warmth of the creamy color against the soft blue hint in the light above... very beautiful to my eye. They are all wonderful though the second feels less part of the set (yes, I know it is not a set) but compared to the others, as it has a much more rustic feel while the others feel so smooth! What fabulous find!

Maggie

Zeeshan Ali

Hi Wolfgang,

I enjoyed these images a lot. I personally like 1 and 3 more than the others reason being they are in color and have coherent style in terms of presentation. Could be a series of photographs worth pursuing.

Jerome Marot

They are very nice, but if we move all the pictures to monochrome, we lose the wonderful pink-blue opposition of the first picture. If you want to present them as a set, maybe you could move all of them to the blue tones of the first instead?

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi

I like the input here, I appreciate that very much ...
@Jerome: yes of course there is this variety that you write about. This is - in a way - work in progress and I showed here "the basic material", open for suggestions!
But it is interesting to see, that e.g. N°3 and N°4 only work with the original colors due to the subtle blue tones in small parts of the photos.