• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

September. always.forever.

Charlotte Thompson

A new series. Digital vintage conceptual. Through the month of September. A month of personal warmth and demanding memories.

September. always. forever.​

Antonio Correia

Charlotte, are you doing this with old photographs ?

It remembers me a well known photograph by an English lady from the beginning of the century which I do not remember the name...

Charlotte Thompson

Hi Antonio

Yes, vintage photographs and my background art. Most of them come without names and are usually do need some work first as they can be very worn. I want to bring them back into this century with the digital conceptual movements in photography.

Charlotte, are you doing this with old photographs ?

It remembers me a well known photograph by an English lady from the beginning of the century which I do not remember the name...

I'm pretty sure it's a photograph by Julia Margaret Cameron. I did research on her and have written an article on her. One of the girls is a very distinctive model.

Antonio Correia

I'm pretty sure it's a photograph by Julia Margaret Cameron. I did research on her and have written an article on her. One of the girls is a very distinctive model.

YES ! That's it ! Good point.
I was meaning Julia Margaret Cameron indeed.
I Googled but I could not find her as I could not remember her name.
:)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
A new series. Digital vintage conceptual. Through the month of September. A month of personal warmth and demanding memories.

September. always. forever.​

This is very new for you, Charlotte. You have moved in the chosen hues. I like the rejuvenating of old well known pictures. For me, I try to emulate the mood in building a new related images. I call it "homage"! I have never, as yet used someone else original but copying the set up is very similar, making the original work have a new life path!

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Asher
Yes kind of new. I seldom work with color and do see the value but my colors must be somewhat subdued Vintage photography holds a plethora of creativity as does most any photo with the right look and feel about it. I recently fell in love with Jack Barnasky's work a friend on FB I found through my new Russian friend Alexandr Babuskin on FB Please all of you look through his work. He uses processing on his photos and its amazing. Lives in Houston and is a Professor here.

https://youtu.be/t9kFBDR97k8