• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Have I gone mad?

Tom Henkel

Here is a shot of some sections of some rolled-up sections of snow fence from this past weekend, which I fiddled around with in PS3. I sort of like the result -- but maybe I've just been looking at it too long. Any thoughts?

Tom

74317109.jpg

Marian Howell

this is cool Tom!! the color tonality (lots of dark blue and black but also white) works well, and the composition off-center :) love it!
you should probably take the rest of the night off from it, and come back tomorrow morning with a large mug of coffee and enjoy it...this really takes snow fencing to another dimension in time and space!

Tom Henkel

The original image....

Thanks Marian and Asher. I was thinking about an abstract finished product when I did the original shot. I started with the color negative curve selection in CS3 and played a little from there.

Here is the original image (unedited except for resizing and some sharpening to compensate for the usual 1DMk2 out-of-the-camera fuzziness). If anyone else wants to have a go at interpreting this image, have at it.

Tom

74339078.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I like the pattern.

Do you have a wide angle shot at dusk so there will be great shadows and dimensions of the whole thing.

Might ne interesting, like photographing a haystack.

Asher

Tom Henkel

What you see is what you get...

I like the pattern.

Do you have a wide angle shot at dusk so there will be great shadows and dimensions of the whole thing.

Might ne interesting, like photographing a haystack.

Asher

No, sorry. I spotted this scene while driving by a lumber supply yard. I just fired off a few shots and moved on. The surrounding area wasn't really that appealing -- a parking lot, some railroad tracks, some other piles of "stuff," etc. It was shot using a 35mm f/1.4L on a 1DMk2. I know the kind of shot you are thinking about -- this wasn't the right venue for it. The pattern is what attracted me and, as I said, I was thinking of making some kind of abstract end product out of it.

Tom