• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

RAWflow (tm:-) Rocks!

Who said you always need to go to PS to do something?

I went to my new favorite sunset spot tonight and got this:

Black Wire (all RAWflow, no PS:):

91687963-L.jpg

Enjoy!

Don Lashier

I do note that you're on the "inside" (or at least the side they're more worried about people escaping from).

Nice effect on the wire - I assume from sharpening?

Also, I've long been a fan of "doing it in the raw converter", and suffered ridicule from the likes of Melvin Sokolski as a result.

- DL

Don,

Don Lashier said:
I do note that you're on the "inside" (or at least the side they're more worried about people escaping from).

That is not ex-USSR, over there you'd be 100% correct :))
This is to prevent spoiling water supply, so, considering the areas, I'm on the outside... :)

Don Lashier said:
Nice effect on the wire - I assume from sharpening?
No, sir, it's a very weird artsy curve, looking like a sine function..

Don Lashier said:
Also, I've long been a fan of "doing it in the raw converter", and suffered ridicule from the likes of Melvin Sokolski as a result.
- DL
I don't have an honor of being acquainted with the aforementioned gentleman...

Thanks for looking! :)

Don Lashier

Nikolai Sklobovsky said:
I don't have an honor of being acquainted with the aforementioned gentleman...

Sorry, I misspelled, Melvin Solkosky is one of the more eminent fashion photographers around:

http://www.sokolsky.com/
http://photography.about.com/library/weekly/aa100900a.htm
http://www.photoworkshop.com/canon/explorers/melvin_sokolsky/sokolsky.html
http://digitaljournalist.org/issue0010/seeing01.htm

His response to my suggestion that some/many images may be complete out of the RC was (my recollection) "it's not professional unless it's been into photoshop". He later deleted the comment, followed shortly by RG shortening the edit window ;)

- DL

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Nikolas, could you kindly post the screen captures of the curves you used?

Also the link to getting that software.

The image is stunning.

There seems to be more possible paths one might take.

I'd also like to see it with other processors and a version without the glow arounf the barbed wire.

Glad you posted this Nik!

Asher

Gary Ayala

Hey Nik-

I like ... Nicely done ... The details of the hills (homes) are distracting to me ... maybe a crop or burn may keep one's eye glued to the barbed wire.

Gary

Gary,

Gary Ayala said:
Hey Nik-

I like ... Nicely done ... The details of the hills (homes) are distracting to me ... maybe a crop or burn may keep one's eye glued to the barbed wire.

Gary

Thanks! Good point! I'll touch this up tonight and repost.
I'd need PS for that, though :)) Darn ACR can't do selective touchup :))

Cheers, man!

Asher,

Asher Kelman said:
Nikolas, could you kindly post the screen captures of the curves you used?

I will... tonight, I don't have the PSD with me at work...
Asher Kelman said:
Also the link to getting that software.
Well, this is an ACR 3.4, launched from Bridge...

Asher Kelman said:
The image is stunning.
Thanks, man, appreciate it!

Asher Kelman said:
There seems to be more possible paths one might take.
Most definitely. This was just one possible "mid summer dream" out of billion :))

Asher Kelman said:
I'd also like to see it with other processors and a version without the glow around the barbed wire.
I can send you the DNG and you go have fun :) I personally wanted the glow, so I think I'll stick with it...

Asher Kelman said:
Glad you posted this Nik!

My pleasure:)
I was shooting my second installment on the "two types of barbs", so that one should be ready some time soon, too:)

Cheers!