• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Moonset

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
This morning, as Romain and I were driving to our office, suddenly he told me "hey, look at the moon on your left!".

Break, car park, get the GR from my pocket, run a 100 metros over the lawn and shot this…
The building are at a distance of 500 meters (0.3 mile) (checked on Google map!).

The street under the moon is "Cours Xavier Arnozan" for those who know Bordeaux…

Full width but cropped on top and bottom:
moonset_N010006.jpg

Reframed:
moonset_N010006-recadr.jpg

Crop 100%
moonset_N010006-100p.jpg

400 ISO - ƒ 7.1

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The street under the moon is "Cours Xavier Arnozan" for those who know Bordeaux…

Full width but cropped on top and bottom:
moonset_N010006.jpg

400 ISO - ƒ 7.1​

Well, Nicolas,

This is magnificent. In this view, one is gently ushered in, past the foreground winter branches and across the water to the grand buildings and the winter suspended between them. This is a really fine view that you caught and now a magnificent picture to be treasured. I do hope it will be printed as you have framed it.

I'd not crop it at all as it gets so much atmosphere from this wide view. Are you using the 21mm lens or is this native 28mm?

What's amazing is that this little camera is so easy to come along and demands no attention from anyone or bother for the back! Actually it's also fine for portrait of a a family or friends.

I'm so glad that you can run fast enough that you still got what you hoped for.

Asher

nicolas claris

I'd not crop it at all as it gets so much atmosphere from this wide view. Are you using the 21mm lens or is this native 28mm?

The crop is just there for the demonstration, the version you quoted is the the one to keep of course.
I use the native 28mm.

Antonio Correia

Great capture.
I like the framing very much. It is one of those images which attracts my attention.
I also like horizontal the crop... :)

nicolas claris

The light!
Buildings are enlightened but he sun rising, so all the light from the city to the moon have the same angle, from East to West…