• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hello From MN USA.

Roger Lund

Hi. I'm a IT guy that loves Photography. I live in Sartell MN, USA.

I own a Canon 5D, and a few canon Lenses. Like the EF 50mm 1.8, and 1.4, 85mm 1.8 17-40L.
While I own these lenses, I hardly use them but instead have discovered vintage ( or older ) lenses adapted, or on my other camera, the Canon EOS-M.

What location would be correct post pictures taken by a EOS-M? and what location showing of new old vintage ( older ) lenes in different mounts on my EOS-M?

I enjoy all types of photography, as I have to adapter as I have little kids, thus end up shooting what I can.

Here is a example of a Meyer Optik Gorlitz Primotar 135mm F3.5 on my Canon 5D, without any Processing.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi. I'm a IT guy that loves Photography. I live in Sartell MN, USA.

Welcome to OPF!

I own a Canon 5D, and a few canon Lenses. Like the EF 50mm 1.8, and 1.4, 85mm 1.8 17-40L.
While I own these lenses, I hardly use them but instead have discovered vintage ( or older ) lenses adapted, or on my other camera, the Canon EOS-M.

What location would be correct post pictures taken by a EOS-M? and what location showing of new old vintage ( older ) lenses in different mounts on my EOS-M?

Roger,

Lots of of folk do exactly like you. We have this love of vintage lenses in common. I take my cues from our resident lens expert, Dr Klaus Schmitt who has an endless selection of wonderful old beauties he adapts to, I believe, a Sony APS-C size Sony camera.

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Here is a example of a Meyer Optik Gorlitz Primotar 135mm F3.5 on my Canon 5D, without any Processing.

Yes, Roger,

This is impressive. Beautifully soft b.g,

I have chosen a 135mm 2.5 Super Multi-Coated Takamur Pentax lens to adapt to my Sony A7R full frame. I also have a number of East German treasures too,

Steinheil Munchen Casserit 50mm 2.8
Pentacon 50mm 1.8

and from the West, various Zeiss Contax lenses.

This, of course, means manual focus but with that, perhaps a little slowdown and more care.

Asher

Roger Lund

I'll go a bit crazy sometimes, as I get a bit artistic.

I have been at FM for years, but not much happens in the alt section, and I am newly ( 6 months or so) active at MF forums.

I'm Looking forward to getting to know the local's, and seeing some amazing images. :0)

Tom dinning

Registrant*
G'day Roger.
I'll need a translator.
What's MN, FM and MF?
And what the hell is Steinheil Munchen Casserit 50mm 2.8. Sounds like a brand of muesli.

You'll do well with al that bokeh. Its the thing these days. No picture is worth its salt without it.

There are some here who are old enough to have owned a few vintage lenses as new. Nowadays its the Hipster thing to do to unite the old with the new. You'll find some friends here with that approach.
Personally, so we know where we stand as friends, I use a breadmaker, drive an auto car, and throw out anything I haven't used for 12 months. My wife Christine is aware of this and makes sure I 'use' her on a regular basis.
Nevertheless, I've been told I take a reasonable shot from time to time so I hope you enjoy them equally.
Your new best friend
TD

Roger Lund

G'day Roger.
I'll need a translator.
What's MN, FM and MF?
And what the hell is Steinheil Munchen Casserit 50mm 2.8. Sounds like a brand of muesli.

You'll do well with al that bokeh. Its the thing these days. No picture is worth its salt without it.

There are some here who are old enough to have owned a few vintage lenses as new. Nowadays its the Hipster thing to do to unite the old with the new. You'll find some friends here with that approach.
Personally, so we know where we stand as friends, I use a breadmaker, drive an auto car, and throw out anything I haven't used for 12 months. My wife Christine is aware of this and makes sure I 'use' her on a regular basis.
Nevertheless, I've been told I take a reasonable shot from time to time so I hope you enjoy them equally.
Your new best friend
TD

Mn is Minnesota. Fm is Fred Miranda forums. Mf is the manual focus forums. :0)

Doug Kerr

Hi, Tom,

G'day Roger.
I'll need a translator.
What's MN, FM and MF?

MN is the US state postal address code for the state of Minnesota (not really an abbreviation), and is sometimes inappropriately used outside of mailing addresses as an abbreviation for "Minnesota".

According to the Associated Press Stylebook, (elsewhere) the proper abbreviation for Minnesota is "Minn.".

Best regards,

Doug