Layback Cafe Let's chat!

Old November 27th, 2014, 05:22 PM

Default Digital Darkroom

Old November 27th, 2014, 06:17 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Lemon View Post

Jim,

The picture is so well done, with generously billowing clouds, detailed structure of the trees, and an amazingly wrought surface of the water.

You've covered just about every shade if possible black and white tonalities! So was thus originally monochrome or you made it so?

I'd be interested to learn more of the creative journey - finding the place, the position, timing and then choosing your workflow.

What will become of this? Are you going to print it large?

A small point. did you burn in the left upper and lower corners?

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old November 28th, 2014, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
Jim,

The picture is so well done, with generously billowing clouds, detailed structure of the trees, and an amazingly wrought surface of the water.

You've covered just about every shade if possible black and white tonalities! So was thus originally monochrome or you made it so?

I'd be interested to learn more of the creative journey - finding the place, the position, timing and then choosing your workflow.

What will become of this? Are you going to print it large?

A small point. did you burn in the left upper and lower corners?

Asher
Hello Asher

Thank you for your interest!

I was out getting some fresh air. I wear my camera whenever and wherever I can. This allows one to take advantage of photo opportunities that arise. In this case I was attracted to the dark clouds. I shot this hand held in black and white with my Leica Monochrom & Summilux 50mm @ 1.4 wide open and focused on infinity. I did not burn anything in the corners... one characteristic of this lens, when shot wide open is light fall-off in the corners... a natural vignette. I always process with basic adjustments in Lightroom 3.6 but in this case I got a bit more creative with my choices - but still not much time spent on it. This would print out the size of a billboard!

Best, regards

James