Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > OPF Welcome Hall > Layback Cafe

Layback Cafe Let's chat!

Old October 15th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Inactive

Default Greetings from Toronto

I am sitting in Bar in Toronto curing my Jetlag with a few ice cold Bud, awaiting the presidential debate. <grin> Should provide some fun for sure.

Actually I am on a 1on1 Training course with Michael Reichmann from Luminous Landscape. I am grateful for this opportunity and Michael is a true Gentleman and very pleasant to be around.

On a funny note, naturally we were talking a lot on our first meeting, and while he was driving me a to a place to pick up an external hardrive for my Mac, he missed a sign where you are not allowed to turn right after a certain time of the day, and of course, there was a cop. He asked him for his papers, and he handed them over to the cop who's expression kinda changed, handing Michael back the insurance slip, mentioning that it expired 2006, ahem! LOLOL Of course, he just forgot to update his wallet with the recent 2008 version, but luckily had it with him. However, this resulted in a whopping 85 dollar ticket plus VAT.

While much of the content of the work we do together is related to my business and not for the public, I intend to do a little write up of my experience in Canada and share this with you folks including a few pictures of course.

We are going to shoot 4 days together in Algonquin Park which will be a great experience. Next week we spend some time in his Gallery/Studio and work on files/prints together.

Tomorrow I spend a day on my own doing the tourist thing, Niagara falls of course. Booked myself a place in a helicopter, should be interesting.

...so long
Old October 15th, 2008, 03:57 PM
pro member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georg Baumann View Post
I am sitting in Bar in Toronto curing my Jetlag with a few ice cold Bud, awaiting the presidential debate. <grin> Should provide some fun for sure.

Actually I am on a 1on1 Training course with Michael Reichmann from Luminous Landscape. I am grateful for this opportunity and Michael is a true Gentleman and very pleasant to be around.
Hi Georg,

Sounds interesting indeed.

Have fun.

Bart
Old October 15th, 2008, 04:24 PM

Default Toronto

Toronto sounds like such an interesting city. I love visiting Canada and it's on my list of cities. Georg, you will have a great time. Can't wait to see some of the images from your helicopter ride and your park visit.

Have a good time. Make lots of good salable images for your studio.
Old October 15th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Inactive

Weather is not the best for tomorrow, but i am going anyways, I just need to see this spectecular place.

Toronto is amazing at a glance. Torontonians are very outgoing and friendly in deed. Having lived in the states some time, i expected it to be the same, but it ain't!
Old October 15th, 2008, 06:38 PM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Hi Georg,

It's a wonderful opportunity for you and in any case you will have a great time with Michael. Today I had the pleasure of going through, one by one, the pictures in Michael Reichman's portfolio on China, "China First Glimpsed", so it's a special pleasure for me to know that you are working with him. Just don't get seduced by the beauties of Canada! We still need our outpost in Ireland!

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old October 15th, 2008, 11:14 PM

Hi Georg,

Wow! I am just jelaous right now (LOL). No, I am actually very happy for you, make good use of this excellent opportunity. Looking forward to read and see more on this later.

Cheers,

flickr
website
Old October 16th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Administrator/Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georg Baumann View Post
I am sitting in Bar in Toronto curing my Jetlag with a few ice cold Bud, awaiting the presidential debate. <grin>
Ah!
Yesterday night I too followed that debate as I was waiting with Marine to embark in our plane back to France...
It was in one of the JFK bar and most of people were supporting Obama…
I know that the conclusion of this election will have a lot of influence on my life, so I do feel concerned, even if I don't vote <grin>

As for the LoL, when, later, flying over Ireland, a little south of Donegal, I mentally sent you a warm hello from upthere… but you were in Toronto!

Have great time there and post as much as you can about your experience with MR...:-D

PS BTW when in the chopper, don't put your camera outside, b'cause the more you do the more you''ll have shakes coming from the wind. Unless the helicopter adopt a stationery flight… ;-)

Last edited by Nicolas Claris; October 16th, 2008 at 11:32 PM. Reason: changed and canceled some text to avoid misunderstanding...