• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Welcome, Chuck Westfall

D

Doug Kerr

Hi, Chuck,

I just wanted to welcome you as the latest member of this auspicious gathering. I tried to get Asher to call it "The Circle of Confusion", but his cooler head prevailed.

Now, about the sensor size compensation feature on the Speedlite 580EX . . . Oh, never mind.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Most of you know Charles, Chuck" Westfall from his helpful comments, tips, work-arounds and revelations that make him a highly respected resource for any audience of serious photographers.

His inside contacts at Canon and extensive personal experience enable him to provide just that extra information that savvy photographers appreciate to solve problems or understand new features.

Or just "complain" to Canon? No, please!

The latter, is not the job, function, capability or responsibility of Chuck as our guest! For that, Canon's service centers located around the world are ready to help us.

However, I'm preaching to the converted. Most of you already know this and just want to say "Welcome to our new home!"

Asher

Last edited:

Larry Smith

Welcome indeed!

Asher Kelman said:
Most of you know Charles, Chuck" Westfall from his helpful comments, tips, work-arounds and revelations that make him a highly respected resource for any audience of serious photographers.
Asher

Would have joined anyway,..but Chuck's expected presence cinched it!

Thanks to all involved in putting together this site. :)

Wolfy

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, everyone!

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad to be here. I'm looking forward to getting to know each of you better over time, and hope that we will be able to share useful information with each other.

It's part of my job at Canon USA to provide market feedback to Canon Inc. in terms of constructive comments on current equipment and software, as well as feature suggestions for future products, so if that's what you're interested in discussing, please don't hesitate to "bring it on!" Your input is always appreciated. Questions regarding Canon digital camera technology, equipment operation or Canon digital camera software are also welcome, of course.

On the other hand, some of you may need to know that I do not speak for Canon's Factory Service Centers when it comes to individual repairs or service-related issues. I am happy to forward concerns of this type to the appropriate people in our organization, but once that's done, all further communication should be conducted directly with the Service Department.

Also, I am not directly involved in matters concerning Canon's sponsorship activities or equipment loan programs. If you have any questions on these subjects, please contact me privately so I can direct you to the appropriate contacts in the Canon USA organization.

Last but not least, the only products I can discuss here are those that Canon has already announced. By all means, feel free to speculate to the extent that the rules of this forum allow, but please understand that I cannot participate in such conversations.

Again, thanks to one and all for the warm welcome! I am looking forward to a long and mutually beneficial relationship with the Open Photography Forums.

Best Regards,

Chuck Westfall
Director/Media & Customer Relationship
Camera Marketing Group/Canon U.S.A., Inc.