• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Devoted Friends!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I was only intending to test out my new Fuji GFX and see what I could do without even looking at the manual. It fir in my hands as if it was made for me. It's superlight,just 1.7 lb. I only own the GF 32-64mm f/4 R LM WR Lens. This is a wide-angle zoom offering a 25-51mm equivalent focal length range.

BTW, this mirrorless camera's 50MP Sony sensor also found in the wonderful Pentax 645X, the handmade Hasselblad X1D and the equally celebrated Phase One 50MP MF cameras. Like the Sony A7R, it has a supershort focal distance from the lens mount to the sensor. This allows use of almost any lens with many not showing any cut off or serious vignetting.

I met a couple of friends, both named Myriam. One an older woman and the other about 40 and really close to one another.

After photographing them on a bench as soon as I parked my 17 year old BMW and waved to them.

I was juist routinely makeing a series of overlapping shots to test stitching of shadows and trees over a winding path in the park. Then I didsocvered them coming into my picture. So I took three of that central portion and stitched the image adjusting the center portion to be able to reveal their faces from the dark shadows.I was pleased by this extra revelation, that one could recover detail and hues just sufficent to make this picture work beyond being an excercise.

[Group 1]-_DSF1045__DSF1049-5 images_0000_1200_Friends in holmby Park.jpg

Asher Kelman: Devoted Friends

Holmby Park 2018
Fuji GFX 32-64 mm f4.0
Stitched in Autopano Giga
Developed from RAW and Processed in Photoshop CC
Topaz Clarity

Notice the flare from shooting into the sun! I decided it was "part of the moment"! Enjoy and share your own photographs of "Devoted Friends" committed to actually simply spending time together!

Asher

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

...... the first shot as I came out of my car alongside this park bench! I asked permission. They were hesitant especially the elder lady. I explained I need to test my camera and that I'd share a copy!

_DSF1029_Two%20Maryams_1200%20from%20RAW_2.jpg

Asher Kelman: The Two Maryams

Holmby Park January 2018

Fuji GFX 32-63 f4.0
Single shot processed from RAW in CC 2018
No Fuji Profile availaible

Last edited:

James Lemon

...... the first shot as I came out of my car alongside this park bench! I asked permission. They were hesitant especially the elder lady. I explained I need to test my camera and that I'd share a copy!

_DSF1029_Two%20Maryams_1200%20from%20RAW_2.jpg

Asher Kelman: The Two Maryams

Holmby Park January 2018

Fuji GFX 32-63 f4.0
Single shot processed from RAW in CC 2018
No Fuji Profile availaible

Hi Asher

I am envious of your large pixels... this is like a dream camera! I would love this for it's thin depth of field. I am looking forward to seeing more from you with this new tool. Fuji has recently announced free software for their products. Currently available for mac users and coming soon for the pc people.
You may be interested to check it out it has great features. (see link below)

https://www.dpreview.com/news/3576522629/fujifilm-releases-x-raw-studio-and-updates-x-t2-x-t20-gfx-50s-firmware

James

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

I appreciate your visit and that link. I have yet to open the manual!

Don't see where the profiles are. Adobe ACR doesn't recognize my lens!

Asher

Asher Kelman

This time two gentlemen chattiong by a tree ast disk!

_DSF3294_Gentlemen Friends final _900.jpg

Asher Kelman: Two gentlemen

GFX 50 S 32-64mm
32mm 1/120sec, ISO 3200
Photoshop CC from RAW
Nik Output sharpening

Enjoy and post your own "Two buddies, friends, associates or lovers!

Asher

Peter Dexter

Wow mucha camera! All impressive shots. I think the first would also make for a nice image if cropped below the sun flair.

Asher Kelman

Then there are the grandparents, not just buying presents, that problem of giving the kids more "stuff". The smart folk know a simple scret. The best present is giving time, personal friendship and attention. Those little hands have a lot of trust.

The best present for the giver and the receiver too!

_DSF2974_Bright for Childs face_ copy.jpg

Asher Kelman: "Little Annie" with Grandpa

Fuji GFX 50S 32-64 mm
49mm 1/450, f18, ISO 1600
PS CC 2018
8% with B&W layer PS CC 2018
Blended with "Soft light"
No filters
No output sharpening
No noise removal

This was a delightful meeting. So happy I got permission!

Asher

I was only intending to test out my new Fuji GFX and see what I could do without even looking at the manual. It fir in my hands as if it was made for me. It's superlight,just 1.7 lb. I only own the GF 32-64mm f/4 R LM WR Lens. This is a wide-angle zoom offering a 25-51mm equivalent focal length range.

BTW, this mirrorless camera's 50MP Sony sensor also found in the wonderful Pentax 645X, the handmade Hasselblad X1D and the equally celebrated Phase One 50MP MF cameras. Like the Sony A7R, it has a supershort focal distance from the lens mount to the sensor. This allows use of almost any lens with many not showing any cut off or serious vignetting.

I met a couple of friends, both named Myriam. One an older woman and the other about 40 and really close to one another.

After photographing them on a bench as soon as I parked my 17 year old BMW and waved to them.

I was juist routinely makeing a series of overlapping shots to test stitching of shadows and trees over a winding path in the park. Then I didsocvered them coming into my picture. So I took three of that central portion and stitched the image adjusting the center portion to be able to reveal their faces from the dark shadows.I was pleased by this extra revelation, that one could recover detail and hues just sufficent to make this picture work beyond being an excercise.

[Group 1]-_DSF1045__DSF1049-5 images_0000_1200_Friends in holmby Park.jpg

Asher Kelman: Devoted Friends

Holmby Park 2018
Fuji GFX 32-64 mm f4.0
Stitched in Autopano Giga
Developed from RAW and Processed in Photoshop CC
Topaz Clarity

Notice the flare from shooting into the sun! I decided it was "part of the moment"! Enjoy and share your own photographs of "Devoted Friends" committed to actually simply spending time together!

Asher

The tree really adds to the 'mood' of the picture, especially the long-span ot the lower branch. As also the shadows in the front. I really like this whole composition, Asher.

Asher Kelman

The tree really adds to the 'mood' of the picture, especially the long-span ot the lower branch. As also the shadows in the front. I really like this whole composition, Asher.

Thanks, Reginald!

I waited patiently at that tree so that I might catch them when they reached that point. The tree seemed to me to add a concept of extended lifespan.

Asher