• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The Cowboy & Miniature Stead

Brandon Cade

ParisBo1.jpg

Brandon Cade - The Cowboy and his Miniature Stead.

I love the connection between the male and his puppy, I just cannot look away from how his hat blends so well into the backdrop. If anyone has a suggestion in fixing this, feel free to give advice or show examples.

DSC_0173.jpg

Brandon Cade - Shortest Race Horse, Of them all.

An attempt at action photography with an unpredictable target. These dogs are such beautiful creatures and it is rare to see them truly open up and run as fast as they can.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
ParisBo1.jpg

I love the connection between the male and his puppy, I just cannot look away from how his hat blends so well into the backdrop. If anyone has a suggestion in fixing this, feel free to give advice or show examples.

Brandon, I like the picture as is but you are right, it would be nice to get better separation. If this were color, a blue sky with some clouds, but his hat would be against the blue sky, not the clouds. I B&W you can play with the saturation sliders over the color and under a channel mixer layer with mono checked in Photoshop. Else you can select the hat using the magnetic lasso tool and then burn in the hat or use a curve to move the shade to lower tone grey.

Also one can sharpen the dog and blur ever so slightly the hat. Do that on a spearate layer and then after you think its correct leave it and come back and reduce the percentage of that layer to the minimum to do the job it needs to so and no more.

An attempt at action photography with an unpredictable target. These dogs are such beautiful creatures and it is rare to see them truly open up and run as fast as they can.

DSC_0173.jpg

Brandon Cade - Shortest Race Horse, Of them all.

Yes, this is a fast animal for a limited sprint, then it gets overheated and has to rest. They work by ambush and that fast sprint, ideally in a pack if they are allowed to roam free, LOL! Imagine 8 of these rushing towards you at top speed when you arrive at your isolated bungalow and have to stop to choose the key to open the front door.

My solution when I was in Africa was to drive down the last dirt road at high speed with the lights off and then put the lights on at the end a run for the door. That way I made it every time!

Asher

Ruben Alfu

ParisBo1.jpg

Hi Brandon, if there´s enough detail in the original file, you may try (depending on what software you are using) to burn that part of the photo, reduce exposure, lower the contrast, reduce brigthness, or "recover highlights", this sort of adjustment, applied locally, should bring some separation. If there´s not enough detail, or nothing at all (clipped) you can paint what´s missing, but for someone like me, with very elemental skills as illustrator, a more practical solution would be to draw an outline of the hat and use it as a mask for some tree branches that can be cloned "behind" the hat.