• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

I don't ever remember being that young!

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Seems like I'm a sucker for the emergency portrait these days. The baby is due, right, and the woman wants a picture before its born. Yeah, just drop around to Toms place. He'll do it for nothing. Good thing I leave the backdrop ready. It was fun though. Got a call 2 hours later. She was in hospital looking to have it induced. Some issues with its growth. 34 weeks is OK, isn't it, doc?
I'll keep you posted.

_DSC4227 by tom.dinning, on Flickr​

Chris Calohan

That is not a happy or comfortable looking expectant mother and him claiming innocence in the whole affair....I don't know Tom, I think you've been hoodwinked.

I do think I might have placed the couple in the same pose, but them much further to the left and let her belly "fill" the void.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Seems like I'm a sucker for the emergency portrait these days. The baby is due, right, and the woman wants a picture before its born. Yeah, just drop around to Toms place. He'll do it for nothing. Good thing I leave the backdrop ready. It was fun though. Got a call 2 hours later. She was in hospital looking to have it induced. Some issues with its growth. 34 weeks is OK, isn't it, doc?
I'll keep you posted.

_DSC4227 by tom.dinning, on Flickr​

He's saying, "Tom, I promise, I never touched her!"

Chris Calohan

Come back to thsi shot twice now and still like the idea of this type of crop...

8576863961_20d1dc21da_o.jpg

Who, Me? Tom Dinning​

Tom dinning

Registrant*
You're treading on a mine field, editing one of my pictures, Chris. The last time anyone did that Christine had to lock me in the padded room for a week and the perpetrator has been shifted to a safe house in Siberia. It's almost as bad as editing the bible to include some jokes and sending a copy to John Wolf.
I've upped the dosage of citalopram for the day. That should bring me back to normal.

Here's another shot that will suit your void filling fetish.

_DSC4226 by tom.dinning, on Flickr​

I must take this opportunity, though, the teacher that I am, to make comment on placement. These two photos simply show how the emphasis can be shifted by moving the frame. The first photo was to be about the father to be. He was feeling a bit left out, as fathers do on such occasions so I wanted to get a few shots to give him some prominence. After all, it was fun at the time. The second shot needed some more emphasis on the mother to be. A simple shift in framing is all that is needed.
Thanks, Chris, for your suggestion. Now, can you rescue my bit of gray from your cutting room floor and stick it back on?
Cheers
Tom

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
You're treading on a mine field, editing one of my pictures, Chris. The last time anyone did that Christine had to lock me in the padded room for a week and the perpetrator has been shifted to a safe house in Siberia. It's almost as bad as editing the bible to include some jokes and sending a copy to John Wolf.

Maybe justice was served on you, Tom for your disrespect! .............................This time it was just your picture that got re-circumcised! Could have been worse!

Asher

Chris Calohan

I knew I had to tread lightly, Tom...gingerly I floated on a shield of warm air as I prodded them into the correct position (;>} kowing at any moment the wrath of all Australia could come gehawing its way into my computer.

Just seemed like a good idea at the time. I do like the second pose the best. Nice lead-out room to the right, ya know. :)

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Fortunately for me, the couple liked the first shot and the second. 2 sales in the one day. Now all I have to do is get paid, which is highly unlikely. They are moving into their new house today and that should take care of any money they have. BAby is still intack, still baking and still well. Mother is equally as well. Father is still recovering from my comments about having his testicles removed if he were my son.

Chris Calohan

You Aussies are a tough bunch! Still though, all the other stuff aside, there is so muchto like about these photos.