• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Lilium martagon

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Visible light image
large.jpg

UV image using Baader-U filter:
large.jpg

Simulated bee vision image using experimental XBV filter:
large.jpg

Triptych of the above images:
large.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Triptych of the above images:
large.jpg

Klaus,

Perhaps this is the major new combination I've been awaiting for a set of images of one flower. Each one has it's own presence and believability. They work well together.

Quite often, the UV version seems outclassed by the one with visible light. Perhaps it's because the patterns fit in with our expectations or is it something else?

Asher

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Asher, its really the lack of bright colors that makes the UV images look rather dull and often not very interesting, aside from scientists. And of course its seeing habits, as we are so "Pavlov trained" seeing things (i.e. flowers) a certain way.