• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Picked Up D90 Today

doug anderson

Decided I'd get an D90 for backup camera. It's taking some getting used to, because compared to my d300, it's so light. It also has different autofocus areas than I'm used to, and a little shutter lag prior to each shot. Hmmmm.

Haven't used the video option yet. Anybody have this camera?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Congrats! The D90, (if not for the 5DII and the camera by the Big Red one), would be the camera causing the largest paradigm shift for what we expect of a still camera in decades. The idea of getting high resolution movies with a DSLR opens the way for many easy editing effects. For example, shoot and ask the software to remove any moving objects. "Voila!", all the people around a building you are photographing are simply gone!

Enjoy!

Asher

doug anderson

Asher: great fun with the D90. It's much more portable than the D300. I got a 16-85 lens as well.

I've only filmed my dog with the video. It works, the sound is pretty good. It's a little clumsy compared to a video camera.

D

Steve Saunders

I bought a D90 a few months ago. Haven't used it much except for play, the video option is a nice touch if a bit clunky to use.