• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Orion-18 R 6.3/100mm shoots early Spring 2016

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Shot wide open, with added sun shade

23624151823_823d4da1bd_o.jpg

24142891982_87c1532177_o.jpg

24142892142_6d3d87bcb4_o.jpg

23624150463_c32739e0dc_o.jpg

23624150793_0c46b0a010_o.jpg

23624151173_840150363a_o.jpg

Full set is here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/albums/72157663138586232

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Where are you shooting, Klaus! This is just the beginning of January! When does spring where you are?

Asher

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Where are you shooting, Klaus! This is just the beginning of January! When does spring where you are?

Asher

Just opposite my home at a public park! Usually we here have spring 3-4 weeks earlier than any other place in Germany (a special micro climate we have here), but this is way too early this year!!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Just opposite my home at a public park! Usually we here have spring 3-4 weeks earlier than any other place in Germany (a special micro climate we have here), but this is way too early this year!!

Are there insects to pollinate flowers at this time of year? This could be a serious issue. I guess the spies will migrate northward to get matched again, but this year there may be an absence of the common pollinators???

Asher

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Are there insects to pollinate flowers at this time of year? This could be a serious issue. I guess the spies will migrate northward to get matched again, but this year there may be an absence of the common pollinators???

Asher

Haven't seen any, too cold yet and too early. Indeed it is a serious threat, if plants flower too early and no pollinators are around and / or snow or cold coming back and killing the flowers.