• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Earthworks ('Seen but Never Heard) - Project

Paul Abbott

This will be a short series of photographs that I hope I can fulfil and finish in a quick turnaround. I have so many projects on the go and nowhere near finished, and what with photography being like fishing I sometimes have a hard time catching what I need. I probably need to change lakes for some of them. :)

Anyway, without saying too much, I find these 'earthworks' transfiguring the forest floor to the point where they become almost totemic and to me, a little haunting really; and that's the sole reason for photographing them. More will follow... :)

totem_1_1_of_1_1024.jpg

totem_2_1_of_1_1024.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This will be a short series of photographs that I hope I can fulfil and finish in a quick turnaround. I have so many projects on the go and nowhere near finished, and what with photography being like fishing I sometimes have a hard time catching what I need. I probably need to change lakes for some of them. :)

Anyway, without saying too much, I find these 'earthworks' transfiguring the forest floor to the point where they become almost totemic and to me, a little haunting really; and that's the sole reason for photographing them. More will follow... :)
totem_1_1_of_1_1024.jpg

totem_2_1_of_1_1024.jpg

Paul,

You're a keen and insightful observer with a feel for the passage of time and our own frailty. I like that the, (naturally strong), attention the tree stumps get allocated.

Fascinating happenings, life and death intermingled and a monument that will last for decades and then be gone.

This is a better epitaph that one made of stone, since it is itself subject to a more limited existence.

Asher