• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

'A Surveyed Presence...' - Project

Paul Abbott

I'm sorry about my images no longer being hosted on here, my account got deleted and so I will have to re-host them. Although, the images for my 'Surveyed Presence...' project will have to be extracted from my old and now defunct PC and that will take a little time.
It's a shame because obviously I need them for the context they bring to this project...I do believe it's only Asher, Doug and Fahim who are currently posting, know of this project of old, unless i'm mistaken.

I have to say that when I started this project back in '09, I really didn't know or perceive how much the christian cross would be the subject of some debate, complaint and censorship...Anyway, I hadn't shot anything for this project since '11 but now here in '16, I can finally revive the project once again with this image.

christiancrosslittlelepton_1_of_1_1024.jpg

Lepton, W. Yorkshire '16 #12 - Paul Abbott
'A Surveyed Presence...' A Photographic Project #12

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I'm sorry about my images no longer being hosted on here, my account got deleted and so I will have to re-host them. Although, the images for my 'Surveyed Presence...' project will have to be extracted from my old and now defunct PC and that will take a little time.
It's a shame because obviously I need them for the context they bring to this project...I do believe it's only Asher, Doug and Fahim who are currently posting, know of this project of old, unless i'm mistaken.

I have to say that when I started this project back in '09, I really didn't know or perceive how much the christian cross would be the subject of some debate, complaint and censorship...Anyway, I hadn't shot anything for this project since '11 but now here in '16, I can finally revive the project once again with this image.

I would hope the Christian cross would not ever be censored as it is a key part of Western tradition and the fabric of so much of the cultural richness we all inherit, regardless of our own religion.

It is a symbol that works on so many levels to impart meanings, memories and association, a varied set no matter the milieu.

I hope your account on OPF did not get damaged!

Let me know if that happened!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Paul,

This image has a sense of isolation, but solid and well established community. The cross in the window gives a message of affiliation and faith that radiates beyond the stone walls.

Asher