• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Spammer banned!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Beli Kendal, 16 simple comments in a very short period, checks out as a fake Google Bot.

Search:

87.151.174.248. spam

Seems a lot of work to direct traffic to their website!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi, Asher,

Yes, it looked a little "odd" to me.

Thanks for your continuing diligence.
Doug,

It puzzled me that I couldn't, at first, find the link back to the site (s)/he was promoting. Clever to swamp us with simple comments of approval. The number of posts he made might add weight to the eventual link's importance and rank for Google's sophisticated algorithms.

I wonder to what extent the process is automated and the sentences are bland enough and find content that allows it to seem natural.

Often, the track is in some gif which has built into it some clever link. So I had to invest 2 hours to deal with this.

Either this was a naive person who doesn't belong here or else a spammer. It took time to work it out. Certainly, we can't have the work of our genuine OPFrs buried in an avalanche of simplistic comments that add nothing of value.

Asher