• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Kakheti region..

fahim mohammed

One of the premier wine growing regions in Georgia. We stopped by a town to have lunch.

Bitterly cold, and dull day....

p358400796-5.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
One of the premier wine growing regions in Georgia. We stopped by a town to have lunch.

Bitterly cold, and dull day....

p358400796-5.jpg

Fahim,

This place seems to have a con glom,oration of very different building styles. some roofs have traditional tile shingles, others modern modified painted corrugated iron and at least one appears to be sheet metal. This means that traditional methods are not competitive.

I wonder what is the culture here and the economy?

Asher

fahim mohammed

Asher, I cannot give an informed response to your query. Sorry!

But as one moves along this region, one walks or drives very carefully.

There are numerous wineries along the route, where one can stop and taste the varieties of wine...for free.

Hence, one drives very carefully around here. But everyone seemed to be happy!!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Asher, I cannot give an informed response to your query. Sorry!

But as one moves along this region, one walks or drives very carefully.

I can take this as advice for my entire life!

There are numerous wineries along the route, where one can stop and taste the varieties of wine...for free.

Hence, one drives very carefully around here. But everyone seemed to be happy!!

Well, I would partake with gusto, but keep my driver safely at a distance sipping coffee!

Asher

Paul Abbott

Fahim, at it's core this image has a documentary feel to it and I like that, it's a good image. I do think that the processing of it is very extreme and unbalanced...

Best regards...

fahim mohammed

Hey, thanks for stopping by Paul. I really appreciate your comments. I might also agree with it.

Except for the fact that I try to turn something that it isn't. Sometimes, I succeed. Other times, I fail.
This seems to be one of my failures, then.

But what I am not, is a documentary photographer. At least I try my best not to be.

Gratefully yours.

Fahim, at it's core this image has a documentary feel to it and I like that, it's a good image. I do think that the processing of it is very extreme and unbalanced...

Best regards...

Paul Abbott

Hey Fahim, my best of regards to you.
Documentary photography can be a very liberating thing, especially in comparison to an idealistic landscape approach. From what you said I think you were trying to achieve the latter.
Anyway, all bets are on, the restraints with quality of light are off and the subjects are waiting just round the corner in documentary photography... :)

Peter Dexter

I don't know about the processing involved (not my area of expertise) but enjoy the illumination in the foreground and then the bright bit of sky at the top of the frame in the deep distance.