• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

I took a Pentax K1 to its home country ...

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Japan!

Hi OPFers,
I know, long time no talks, but OPF is still part of me…

Planned a long time ago, we have just achieved a 15 days travel in Japan…
This tour was supposed to discover Japan and Japanese people, following our love for architecture wether it is historical (Temples etc.) or contemporary and particularly Tadao Ando’s

Feeeeeeeewwwww we’ve been over anything we could imagine before, A wonderful travel…
I will post here, time permitting more photos shot with the fabulous Pentax K1

For now, as a good start, I propose a view of the Stone garden in Ryōan-ji temple in Kyoto (xvi century).

May it help you to keep zen!

Enjoy

_NCK7357.jpg

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Japan!

Hi OPFers,
I know, long time no talks, but OPF is still part of me…

Planned a long time ago, we have just achieved a 15 days travel in Japan…
This tour was supposed to discover Japan and Japanese people, following our love for architecture wether it is historical (Temples etc.) or contemporary and particularly Tadao Ando’s

Feeeeeeeewwwww we’ve been over anything we could imagine before, A wonderful travel…
I will post here, time permitting more photos shot with the fabulous Pentax K1

For now, as a good start, I propose a view of the Stone garden in Ryōan-ji temple in Kyoto (xvi century).

May it help you to keep zen!

Enjoy

Nicolas,

I depend on you for so much. This one stark Zen image brings an excuse for thinking about taking time for reflection and meditation.

Fascinating that one can walk over the millions of small stones that make up a sculptural surface and our feet mark them to leave temporary footstep marks that the rake of the groundsman will erase at nightfall. This, in a way, is a beautiful metaphor for how even the proudest people walking through life, merely make temporary marks with a high likelihood of being erased, after we leave the garden.

Only by working in harmony with nature can what we do have a chance of lasting.

Asher

_NCK7357.jpg

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Nicolas,

I depend on you for so much. This one stark Zen image brings an excuse for thinking about taking time for reflection and meditation.

Fascinating that one can walk over the millions of small stones that make up a sculptural surface and our feet mark them to leave temporary footstep marks that the rake of the groundsman will erase at nightfall. This, in a way, is a beautiful metaphor for how even the proudest people walking through life, merely make temporary marks with a high likelihood of being erased, after we leave the garden.

Only by working in harmony with nature can what we do have a chance of lasting.

Asher

_NCK7357.jpg

Thank you for your comment Asher :) !
However, one wouldn't step on these millions little kaolin stones … Everyone I saw there, just sat on the wooden side of the garden.
There are 15 stones, but the visitor cannot see them all at one glance…

More here