• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Back To The Fifties

James Lemon

i-MW8gXRq-L.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Colorful, easy to manufacture at a fraction of the cost of a wooden dining room set. It was so "modern"...... then!

That is one of the issues with art and photography. In being creative, even if we are bold, we often use popular color schemes and shapings. So we get "controlled" by fashion of the time. It's hard to escape this.

Richard Learoyd's full length portraits approach being timeless. He generally avoids makeup and coiffed or artistically cut hairstyles in his subjects.

Perhaps "Cubism", being a deconstruction to basic shapes, is also timeless...... "kind of"!

But then, James, vintage styles add sentiment and nostalgia!

The latter is not what it used to be, LOL!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Interesting that I was so in to the mood of the picture and choice of pastel color, that I thought of Maggie Terlecki as the photographer and originally addressed my comments to her and not you, James!

Asher

Interesting that I was so in to the mood of the picture and choice of pastel color, that I thought of Maggie Terlecki as the photographer and originally addressed my comments to her and not you, James!

Asher

The pink table and chairs made you think of me... ha! That is hilarious, as I was just thinking, who would buy such a thing! hehe. It makes me laugh though, as my brother owns a house that was built in the 50s, and one of his bathrooms has never been redone and everything, the bathtub, toilet, sink, ceramics.. the whole shebang is pink and black. It's like stepping into a different century!