• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Coyote Gulch Arch

Perhaps my favorite picture from a 3 day hike in Coyote Gulch in southern UT. Handheld pano with A7rII+18mm Batis.

31870572844_f85c7defd6_b.jpg

Asher, 3 horizontals to make this one. This cave like corner of the canyon was my favorite spot. I would have loved camping here, but other people were already set up so we were about 1/4 mile down river.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jim,

Hope you had a comfortable night's sleep! This scene would also be amazing in 3D virtual imagery too. Did you shoot the surounding areas too?

Any images of the other Trekkers and campers?

Is this attracting LF photographers too with real film? Are umyou seeing folk with MF gear as well?

Asher

Chris Calohan

I shall be in Utah this summer (all over). Would you be kind to give me google map coordinates of this location? (I think I have already found it. Is this an area where you must hire Indian guides or get special permissions to go onto their land?)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Perhaps my favorite picture from a 3 day hike in Coyote Gulch in southern UT. Handheld pano with A7rII+18mm Batis.

31870572844_f85c7defd6_b.jpg

Jim,

This is a challenge in so many ways!

I love it! I ask myself whether I would have arrived with the right lens myself? I have a 24mm tilt shift. If you needed shots, how much overlap? Looks like, even with a tripod, I might not have gotten it all!

Is this a substantial hiking distance from the road? How did you deal with the lighting?

Asher