• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

booklet printing HELP

Thomas Yuan

i have printed about 3 books with blurb

for what it is, the dyi booklet - it gets the job done. the print quality can be better though

b/w images turn out fine

images with too many colors or even lighter colors always run more saturated

what are your thoughts on blurb? recommend any other booklet printing companies?

just want to get it to magazine printing quality thats all!

How many copies are you printing?

For less than 20, print-on-demand places like Blurb or Shutterfly are OK and mostly affordable, it not great.

For one or two at very high quality you might look at the high-end wedding album printers. Excellent work but you pay for it.

If your pre-press process is properly color managed, you should be able to get results that match your screen. It it isn't, you are just shooting in the dark, and no company will produce better results than another.

John Angulat

pro member
I had one edition printed by Blurb, a mix of B&W and color work.
I was very pleased with the results.
Can't say I thought the color images ran saturated.
I can say I thought the B&W were reproduced very well.
So well in fact, I'm working (at a very slow pace) on a B&W edition now.