• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Opinions of Kodak Professional Supra Endura paper?

Nick Masson

Hey all,
I was wondering if anybody has been using Kodak Professional Supra Endura paper as well as other digital photographic papers and can give an opinion. The online lab I subscribe to uses this paper, but I've been thinking about switching/joining-additionally another lab that prints on Fuji Crystal Archive. I have only seen samples of the Crystal Archive and am fairly satisfied with the Kodak Supra Endura, so I don' t know if it is worth switching or not. (I also like the current lab).

Any opinions are appreciated!
Thanks,
-NICK

Mike Fulton

I know for me personally I choose the Kodak paper over the Fuji for several reasons.

1) Kodak Matt finish is one which I personally prefer the look and feel of. It is less grainy, or rough, than Fuji's. While this might make it easier for people to scan your images in compared to Fuji's grainy version to me my clients spend money on their prints I am usually not worried about this for my personal business.

2) Living where I do we have 80% or higher in Humidity all year long as a general rule, and Kodak paper seems to hold up without curling up better than Fuji.

3) I love my lab and they are the largest Kodak paper user in the industry here in the states and while I love my Kodak paper a lot I would be using Fuji if my lab switched. To me the relationship with my lab is stronger than what paper I use for my photos.

When I shot Film I loved Kodak film for portraits inside the studio and Fuji for color outside, much is still the same but overall I personally choose Kodak for everything in today's digital world

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
When I shot Film I loved Kodak film for portraits inside the studio and Fuji for color outside, much is still the same but overall I personally choose Kodak for everything in today's digital world
Mike,

How good are the profiles that they provide?

Asher