• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The brightest lights on the darkest nights

Tudor Stanescu

I've spent the last 6 months or some honing my night photography skills as well since we had a horribly long winter in Canada with short days. Night photography was not something foreign to me, but in the last few months I had been doing a lot more long exposure night photography instead of... well not long exposure! This new "artistic" direction inspired me to start a separate online portfolio using Format to showcase this work.

I took advantage of an opportunity to go to Chicago for the first time last month. I spent the weekend there with a couple old co-workers of mine. I was able to occasionally escape from "friend duties" and get some pretty incredible photos while I was there. I checked out the two observation decks in the Willis Tower and from the John Hancock Building which offered some pretty incredible views!

360_chicago_2.jpg

Willis_Tower_3.jpg

Willis_Tower_1.jpg

Willis_Tower_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Tudor,

These are most enjoyable night photographs. Thanks for sharing!

360_chicago_2.jpg

Willis_Tower_3.jpg

So wonderfully moody and grand! This is far beyond Batman and Robin territory.

I feel this sets the stage for a new edition of Ghostbusters. I can imagine the ghosts having g a convention high above the City of Chicago!

Good job!

Asher