• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Art with a phone and a reflection?

Sion Fullana

What do you think? I took this with the iPhone 3G walking by a store on 8th Avenue, in New York City's West Village, and I was mesmerized by that reflection.

Do you see any art in a shot like this?

2900195816_007af3a8d3_b.jpg

"Dressed to reflect"
© Sion Fullana 2008

Andrew Stannard

pro member
Hi Sion,

The reflection you have captured is extraordinary - without looking closely I would have assumed it was a composite image.

As a piece of art I think it beautifully captures the mood of a fashion boutique on a busy shopping street, with plenty of vivid colour and visual interest all over the image. It's an image that you can study for a while and still find new details. It is not something that I would personally hang in my house but I could see this working very well on the wall of a shop or cafe.

Thanks for posting,

Sion Fullana

Thanks a lot, Andrew!! :) Appreciate your comment.

Hi Sion,

The reflection you have captured is extraordinary - without looking closely I would have assumed it was a composite image.

As a piece of art I think it beautifully captures the mood of a fashion boutique on a busy shopping street, with plenty of vivid colour and visual interest all over the image. It's an image that you can study for a while and still find new details. It is not something that I would personally hang in my house but I could see this working very well on the wall of a shop or cafe.

Thanks for posting,

Charlotte Thompson

Sion
I am so very curious to understand more about this-almost looks like a transparency overlay
is it?
amazing catch of the shadow effect!

Charlotte-

Sion Fullana

Hi, Charlotte!

Thanks very much for commenting, in the first place.

And to answer your question, no, it's not a transparency... it's actually a simple snapshot of the store's window during the morning, taken with the iPhone camera. The light was high, so everything in the shot was at the same level. By tweaking a bit the saturation and contrast I managed to make the dress stand out. :)

Sion
I am so very curious to understand more about this-almost looks like a transparency overlay
is it?
amazing catch of the shadow effect!

Charlotte-