• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Found a Great Use for my Olympus E-PL1

Robert Watcher

After purchasing an E-PL3 with improved auto-focus and high ISO and video - - - I was debating as to whether I should get rid of my E-PL1 or not.

Fortunately I didn't as I decided that it would be a perfect mate for my Holga lens that I purchased for it some time ago - - - except that I will leave it on permanently. That is unless my E-PL3 goes down, and then I have a capable backup.

Today was my first attempt at using that camera just for the purpose of creating some artsy shots to go along with my clean crisp shots taken with the E-PL3 and my 4/3 setup.

So the thing is that with the Holga lens on the E-PL1 - autofocus doesn't matter right. The lens is preset at f8, so there is no tinkering there. I just set the camera to the Auto Exposure modes and dial in plus(+) and minus(-) exposire values to suit each scenario I am faced with. The settings that I decided on for the E-PL1 setup with holga are ISO 800 for the most part and LN Jpeg being the resolution of the lens isn't going to benefit higher quality files and most importantly, setting the format to 6x6 square.

Anne took this shot of me with the Digital Holga, while we took a break to cool off:

13423206398064_P1011700.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert Watcher

The event was the first ever Blyth Buskerfest in a small town 25 minutes from my home. Friends of ours who are in the music business, were helping put it on and let me in on it taking place. In actuality, I'd say it was more music than what I'd expect from other busker events. But that was fine.

I am just posting some of the shots that I took with the E-PL1 and Holga - with some creative processing that I did to the files for a more vintage feel. The rest of the 114 shots I processed can be viewed on my Facebook Page under the Photo Album for that event - http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.322179837875671.74967.111356238958033

1)
13423201646729_EP140320.jpg

2)
13423201813108_EP140322.jpg

3)
13423202609128_EP140327.jpg

4)
13423202801354_EP140330.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: