• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Artist in Business Part 2 available

Ben Rubinstein

pro member
Having read the article and enjoyed your story, can I ask you Alain, when did you take the photos? You seem to have been so busy during the show period that you couldn't invest time in the photography itself, so when did you build up all that work and how did you support yourself doing it? Just interested....

Alain Briot

pro member
I started photography in 1980. The El Tovar show lasted from 1997 to 2002. The collection was started in 1980 and is continued today. Only the last 2 years of the show caused me to slow down in regards to creating new work. So, basically, to answer your question specifically, my collection was created from 1980 to 2000 and from 2002 to 2006. That's 24 years of work. Plenty of time to create the photographs you see now on my site. Rome wasn't created in a day, and neither was this collection. Doing things well takes time.

In regards to financial support the answer is in the article itself. Make sure to read part 1 and 2 of Being an Artist in Business. There is also a huge amount of additional information in Briot Speaks CD-1, a 4 hr audio CD featuring conversations between Natalie and I on the subject of being Artists in Business. Finally, my vitae and biographies, all available on my site, will help you get a complete "picture" of my life so far.

Note that part 3 of Being an Artist in Business, titled "How you can do it too," is available now in pdf format by subscription to Briot's View.

Last edited: