• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Pug? No its a Puggle!

Heres one of my In-laws four Puggles(Pug+Beagle). Enjoy

5760531754_c7410d38d9_b.jpg

Thanks for looking and sharing.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Jake,

I certainly love the impressively pugnacious fellow, but why the wire fence and huge size?? If you use a longer lens wide open, the fence can disappear if the dog isn't too close. Or do you like the wire fence?

What is the thinking behind the picture: fun memento snap for your family or for what? I ask this so one can frame feedback. It's hard otherwise to say more than it's great fun!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Well fun it is, then Jake!

Is the dog too dangerous to approach without the wire or is that part of the composition? Watch out for the over exposure of the white areas. Don't be afraid to under-expose slightly or else use RAW and then recover the highlights. You don't want the pooch to look like it's bathed in a spotlight!!! Do you work in RAW?

Asher

Yes I shoot in raw. They have 3 puggles and they are outdoor dogs. The fence is just so they don't run off!

I seem to get the feeling of motion when I look at it or at least her head seems to tilt. Maybe its the bigger new monitor.

Jake the colors are excellent. Is she sad?

Regards.

thank you
I really liked how her eyes came out too.

I don't think so. These are some of the best fed dogs I've encountered. Chicken wings, ribs, fish, eggs, rice. Whatever my in-laws eat, the dogs eat.

These are outdoor dogs and in the winter season(Warroad Minnesota) my mother in-law lights a campfire for them everynight! They even have a spaceheater inside their doghouse which has 5 small rooms!

Cem_Usakligil

I love that puggle Jack, such beautiful eyes. I think that the fence adds to the picture by nicely partitioning the image into sub areas. The positioning is quite ideal, dividing the dog's face into symmetrical parts. The slant, which follows the tilt of the dog's head, gives a feeling of dynamism. Well done.

A curiousity from Australia is that puggle is the standard name for a baby echidna. The puggle has no sharp spines like the adult so it fits comfortably into its mothers pouch. All puggles, whatever the species, are unfailingly cute.