• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Colourful architecture

Cem_Usakligil

l06517.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Cem,

Your composition is well balanced. I like the inclusion of the black drain pipe in the lower left. I good photograph worth keeping! Also it happens to have excellent freedom from distortion of the architectural lines. Only the yellow appears to be a primary color. The set works so well together, but the yellow seems stronger.

This is immediately attention getting. Is it for apartments or what? If it's an hotel, then it makes sense as such colors attract attention but one does not have to come home to them every single say once they have worn their welcome. For a hotel, one certainly will notice the place and cabs will have no problem in finding us!

I'm always fascinate by the fate of such boldly unsubtle colors in modern architecture. In posh places, the rents are very high. In poorer areas, very quickly it's grime-covered, (how the dirt knows where to settle is a puzzle), but the fate of the same looking buildings are very different in the two locations.

Asher

Paul Abbott

This is a great angle and nicely corrected too. Those primary colours are in harmony and make our eye travel around the scene, engage with them and all what they have to yield.
If it were to be in B&W, the texture, lines and shape wouldn't have engaged as much as this colour version.
I like the clothes line making an appearance in the scene, a human element and all that. Nice one...

Cem_Usakligil

Thanks Nicolas, Asher and Paul.

Asher this is the student housing district of the Free University of Amsterdam. So anything but posh. ;)

Jerome Marot

I like the way you built that pictures with very strict lines and shapes. Did you correct the perspective in post?

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Jerome,

This was taken with a 105mm equivalent (on a 35mm sensor) lens. So there wasn't much to correct. I've done a minor adjustment in Lightroom.