• Guide: Pictures are the best way of describing what is for sale. Please describe any nicks, defects, missing parts and if a lens or camera, source and serial number, if available.

The recycling of unused gear helps this community! Good luck!
  • This forum is for contributors with a track record of substantial posts on phottography. Post such as "great picture" don't count. We routinely soft-delete "for sale" posts from those who have not, as yet, really participated as described above.
  • Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Selling entire Canon EOS system - first: EF 70-200 mm f/4.0L IS USM

Doug Kerr

On the recent occasion of my 80th birthday, I concluded that I was no longer interesting in schlepping my wonderful, but large and heavy, Canon EOS gear.

Accordingly, I have today commenced listing all of it on eBay. Up today is my EF 70-200 mm f/4.0L IS USM zoom lens, which comes complete with both caps, hood (the genuine Canon ET-74), and a lovely tripod ring and foot (not Canon but, in my opinion easier to work than the Canon one). (This lens model did not include a hood or ring/foot when originally sold.)

Here is the link (there are two pix):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252446212226?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

There are no known optical or functional deficiencies; mechanically and aesthetically it is lovely - I would rate it 9.5/10.

This is on auction at eBay with a starting price of USD 600.00. Shipping to the US will be by USPS Priority Mail, insured for the full sale price (shipping cost USD 22.50). I'm sure I could make arrangements for overseas shipping.

To come soon:

• Canon EF 24-105 mm f/4.0 IS USM lens, with hood.

• Canon EF 50 mm f/1.4 lens with both caps.

• Canon EF-S 60 mm f/2.8 macro lens with both caps.

• Canon EF-S 18-200 mm f/3.5-5.6 IS lens

• Canon Extender EF 1.4 with both caps.

• Sigma 12-24 mm f/4.5-5.6 lens with filter ring

• Canon EOS 40D body with body cap, neck strap, two Canon batteries, and Canon charger.

• Canon EOS 20D body with body cap, neck strap, Canon battery and Canon charger.

• Canon Speedlite 420EX flash unit.

• Canon Speedlite 550EX flash unit.

• Canon Speedlite 580EX II flash unit

These will all go up on eBay (staring prices not yet determined) unless one of you would like to make me an offer before then.

What for me now? Well, for some work I am using my Canon PowerShot G16, and for other work, my Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000, both excellent machines. What beyond that? Well, remodeling the kitchen!

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
It is with sadness but empathy I read of the coming sale of your Canon system, especially that 70-200 f 4.0 lens, with which almost anyone can shoot great wedding pictures. Just need that 24-105 as well!

But the system is heavy after 45 minutes and not good for vacations as it is hardly pocketable.

I hope you fabulous system gets a good home.

A possible consideration, if you have some excuse from the IRS for a size able tax bill,is to donate the gear to a school or some other tax exempt charity. It could be that your tax savings might be just worthwhile as an alternative!

Since ALL the items you list would be in the donation, your total, after tax deduction could be as high as you would get by selling only the most sought after components!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

It is with sadness but empathy I read of the coming sale of your Canon system, . . .

Yes. It was not a decision taken lightly!

. . . especially that 70-200 f 4.0 lens, with which almost anyone can shoot great wedding pictures. Just need that 24-105 as well!

Yes, It was my favorite.

But the system is heavy after 45 minutes and not good for vacations as it is hardly pocketable.

Indeed.

I hope you fabulous system gets a good home.

A possible consideration, if you have some excuse from the IRS for a size able tax bill,is to donate the gear to a school or some other tax exempt charity. It could be that your tax savings might be just worthwhile as an alternative!

Since ALL the items you list would be in the donation, your total, after tax deduction could be as high as you would get by selling only the most sought after components!

Sadly (or perhaps fortunately), my current tax situation is such that I would not get much benefit.

So we will play it as it goes.

I decided to sell the EOS 40D with the EF-S 18-200 IS as a package. It would be a good "starter" kit for somebody.

Thanks for your comments.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Well, anyone who buys your cameras has my recommendation to back up the wisdom of buying from you.

Asher