• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Vista

Chris Calohan

30745032586_8da0d0ef3f_b.jpg

Yellowstone Vista: Chris Calohan​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
30745032586_8da0d0ef3f_b.jpg

Yellowstone Vista: Chris Calohan​

This is splendidly "open" as opposed to the steeper mountain walls of beautiful Swiss valleys we see in travel books.

Chris,

I have, sadly never visited, even just the so famous "hot springs". This would be a great place to take my grankids!

What wild life is there here in this area? Just rodents, wild boars and deer? Of course, I would hope for handsome bison, elk, moose, mountain, goats, grizzly bears, and wolves for my pictures!

I am going to visit "National Parks" and get educated!

Asher

Chris Calohan

Elk, Bison, Deer, Bears, and the rest of the standard fare you find in parks like this...wild horses, Pronghorn Antelope, Mountain Goats, Bighorn Sheep...Eagles, Hawks and etc., etc., etc :)

Asher Kelman

Elk, Bison, Deer, Bears, and the rest of the standard fare you find in parks like this...wild horses, Pronghorn Antelope, Mountain Goats, Bighorn Sheep...Eagles, Hawks and etc., etc., etc :)

Are there defined areas to walk versus staying in the car and do folk hire nature guides or just go for it?

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

Of course, I would hope for handsome bison, elk, moose, mountain, goats, grizzly bears, and wolves for my pictures!

If we drive to the nearby mountain town of Cloudcroft, N.M. for dinner or shopping and don't come back down until after dark, we will often encounter elk and moose.

One must be very careful, as the elk and moose are careless and don't always cross the highway at the generic "antlered animal crossing" signs.

Some folks have complained in letters to the newspaper that these crossings should not have been established at such dangerous places on the highway.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

Hi, Asher,

If we drive to the nearby mountain town of Cloudcroft, N.M. for dinner or shopping and don't come back down until after dark, we will often encounter elk and moose.

One must be very careful, as the elk and moose are careless and don't always cross the highway at the generic "antlered animal crossing" signs.

Some folks have complained in letters to the newspaper that these crossings should not have been established at such dangerous places on the highway.

Best regards,

Doug

It's the darkness! The signs should be in Braille!